Mt. Healthy accepts WeTHRIVE! recognition at event on December 1, 2016.
Mt. Healthy (pop. 6,098) is located in center of Hamilton County, approximately 16 miles north of downtown Cincinnati.
How Mt. Healthy THRIVES!:
- A Committed Community: In May 2014, the Mt. Healthy City Council adopted the WeTHRIVE! Overall Resolution, solidifying a commitment to achieve a healthy community.
- WeTHRIVE! Team Members:
Mimi Anderson, Dureka Bonds, Kisha Dosa, Mark Jackson, Jennifer Moody, Angel Morris, Mohandas Nelliot, James Wolf, and Kim Chelf.
- Selected Pathway: Chronic Disease
- Action Plan Activities: Community education and awareness, starting a youth S.A.Y. soccer team, walking challenges, shared use agreements, community gardening, and tobacco-free parks. View the Mt. Healthy WeTHRIVE! Action Plan 2016–2017 for additional details.
- Community Health Assessment: Hamilton County Public Health shared Community Health Assessment data, assets & opportunities, and recommendations at a community presentation on February 9, 2017. Results to a one question survey that asked--"In your opinion, what are the most important issues that affect the health, safety, and well-being of your community?"--were also shared. For a copy of Mt. Healthy's Community Health Assessment, please contact the WeTHRIVE! team at Hamilton County Public Health at (513) 946-7800 or email@example.com.
- WeTHRIVE! Day Event: The City of Mt. Healthy hosted a community health and safety fair on April 16, 2016—WeTHRIVE! Day in Hamilton County—on the grounds of the municipal community center and community park. On a beautiful Saturday afternoon, the drill team performed, a local martial arts studio provided a demonstration, and a yoga class was held in the park. Community groups had tables set up with brochures and handouts, including the Mt. Healthy WeTHRIVE! team, Southwest Ohio Breastfeeding Coalition, the Ovarian Cancer Society of Greater Cincinnati, Walgreens, and What Do I Stand For. The Mt. Healthy Police and Fire Departments had their service vehicles onsite—including police cruisers and fire trucks—for kids to explore. Check out photos from the event courtesy of photographers Bill Rocklin and Fred Russell!
- Thriving Communities Grant: In January 2016, Mt. Healthy received a Thriving Community grant from Interact for Health to support and enhance their WeTHRIVE! efforts. The grant is for a three-year period. Mt. Healthy will receive $15,000 the first year; with a potential for up to $10,000 the second year, and up to $7,500 the third year. The team will focus on encouraging community members to be more active.
If you are interested in joining the Mt. Healthy WeTHRIVE! Team, or helping out with a specific project, contact Mimi Anderson at 513-931-8840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mt. Healthy's WeTHRIVE! Webpage: mthealthy.org/wethrive
Mt. Healthy WeTHRIVE! Facebook Page: @mthealthywethrive
Check back for updates about Mt. Healthy's WeTHRIVE! efforts!
Get updates and information about WeTHRIVE!—Join the WeTHRIVE! Movement today!