Lincoln Heights Missionary Baptist Church
Lincoln Heights Missionary Baptist Church (LHMBC) is located in Woodlawn and has more than 1,000 members.
Congregants come from Woodlawn and the surrounding communities of Evendale, Forest Park, Glendale, Lincoln Heights, Lockland and Springdale, as well Butler and Warren counties.
Dr. Elliott Cuff, Senior Pastor and Reverend Alfonza Jones (photo at right), Director of Ministries.
How LHMBC THRIVES!:
- Wellness Resolution: LHMBC was the first church in Hamilton County to adopt the WeTHRIVE! Physical Activity, Nutrition and Tobacco Resolution for Faith-based Organizations. They strengthened the resolution by making their church campus alcohol- and drug-free.
- Health Ministry: Recognizing that spiritual and physical health are interconnected, the church formed the Therapeuo Health and Wellness Ministry.
- Get Moving: Weekly fitness classes are open to the public at 6:00pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, and noon on Saturdays.
- Healthy Meetings: The Hospitality Ministry makes an effort to serve healthy food options at church meetings and events. Meats are often broiled or baked.
- Growing Healthy Food: The church started a community garden in May 2011, with the harvest going to local residents and church members.
- Welcoming WeTHRIVE!: LHMBC is a strong supporter of WeTHRIVE! and has hosted many WeTHRIVE! events over the past few years.
What Does WeTHRIVE! Mean to You?
Rev. Alfonza Jones at the 2011 WeTHRIVE! Recognition Event: "WeTHRIVE! creates the opportunity for communities to come together and do what needs to be done...ultimately for the health of our children. WeTHRIVE! has brought together people in Lincoln Heights, Lockland and Woodlawn who are willing to give of their time and talent to do this important work."
Lincoln Heights Missionary Baptist Church helps its members and the community to THRIVE!
Click here to learn how your faith-based organization can THRIVE! And join the WeTHRIVE! movement today.